Ronald Brak

Because not everyone can be normal.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Photocopying lobsters with Richard Dawkins

Last night I dreamt I was with Richard Dawkins the famous biologist and author of The Selfish Gene. We were in the conference room of a fancy hotel when Richard found a dead lobster in a pot plant. He then explained to me that he wanted me to hide the dead lobster in my mouth so we could get to a photocopying machine and use it to record evidence of how badly the hotel treats phylum arthropoda. Well, I wasn't too thrilled about putting the lobster in my mouth, as it had been dead for a few days, but it seemed a fair enough suggestion on account of how Richard couldn't put it in his mouth as he didn't eat meat. So we travelled about three feet to a photocopier while I had the lobster stuffed in my mouth. Richard photocopied it and then held it aloft proclaiming, "Finally the world shall know how badly this hotel treats lobsters!" and then threw it aside. I ran off to the bathroom to wash my mouth out.

Man, I gotta stop reading biology books before I go to bed.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even want to think about what that dream might mean about your psyche.

So right now I'll just comment on a strange "did you notice": Did you notice that the photo of Richard Dawkins on that link you posted (http://users.ox.ac.uk/~dawkins/) was taken by Lalla Ward who played Romana on Doctor Who. This curious fact lead me to do some research and discover that after her short marriage to Tom Baker (the fourth Doctor) she married Richard Dawkins (!) after being introduced to him by Douglas Adams (!). She also has an asteroid named after her (!) and published books on knitting and embroidery (!!).

So ... did you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home