Ronald Brak

Because not everyone can be normal.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Book Review: A Teaspoon and an Open Mind - The Science of Doctor Who

What the heck? I'm up to page 26 and I am astounded by the scientific inaccuracies. And I'm not talking about the science in Doctor Who, I'm talking about the real life science this guy is writing about. I go to the front of the book and I see the author, Michael White, has written a lot of books before involving science so it's not as if we have an over ernest fan here who doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm hoping that there was some enormous slip up in the editing process, but it seems more likely that this book is crap.

UPDATE: I read a few more pages. It's crap.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he end many of his sentences in prepositions? If so, it sounds like you've got the start of an interesting case against him (the not so Bill Nye the Science Guy/ Mr. Wizard wanna-be author). Draw a mouse-trap sketch- reminiscent of Tom & Jerry skit- with the book dangling at the end of the contraption, and send it into the publisher as a type of litmus test just to see what type of response you will receive. Laughs are always free. Then again, you might get added to some universal creepy list for doing it.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Ronald Brak said...

After reading your comment I tried to intentionally end sentences with prepositions. My brain hurts now.

Anyways, it was more just getting stuff plain wrong. Such as apparently Jupiter doesn't have a magnetic field and he says some odd things about DNA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home