Ronald Brak

Because not everyone can be normal.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Does Artificial Intelligence Exist?

Some people deny that artificial intelligence exists. They say that any apparent examples of machines acting intelligently are just illusions. This makes me wonder if we replace a human with a machine, does that mean that the human we replaced wasn't doing anything intelligent? I don't see how we can avoid that conclusion.

As machines perform more and more tasks formally done by humans, does this mean that less and less human activity will have turned out to require intelligence? At the rate we're going I think we'll soon discover that humans were never intelligent in the first place.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Hal said...

Are you saying that AI is an oxymoron?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Hal said...

Hal's an idiot.
Wait, that's me.

He's still a cricket-tacker.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Hal said...

Boobs,

To Ron's Mom, I apologize in advance (having only spoken to you that once, I have no real ground to stand upon when I ask for your pardon, only the hope that it will, in fact, occur)

my answer, Mr. B, is this:

Boobs.

yeah - boobs - intelligenceinsmelligence!
Boobs is all it takes to render a massive majority of the male population (and some of the female, I've read (hehehehe)) to gibbering mouthers. And if not boobs:

Dick.

Yeah - dick - (I can only understand another's love of dick as much as I can understand my own love of my own dick - which, considering the heterosexual constraints that usually apply - would render the fuller description of its mental sundering capacity a bit lacking, I can still in fact list it as a source of generating a certain amount of gibbering (e.g. lack of intelligence)).

So, in summation:

Sorry Mrs. Brak (was it les or els? oh crap I can't remember!) If this might be a bit (or quite a bit) distasteful. My humblest apologies.

But for Ron. I say again, Boobs. (mostly cuz I know that if I repeat it often enough the word alone will impair your ability to write a cognizant response... .)

Most Sincerely Boobs,
Hal.

P.S. Boobs

P.P.S. It never gets old. Like Benny Hill. Like fart jokes. Like uhhhh well, let's see .... ummmm boobs.

P.P.P.S. AI? Way off topic. Sorry. boobs

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Ronald Brak said...

Hal, your wisdom has opened the pod bay doors of my soul.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Hal said...

I'm sorry Ron, I'm afraid I can't do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home